– We use your personal information to fulfill your requests and service you better.
– We will only send you materials you have indicated you want to receive, and we will honor your opt-out requests.
– We adopt careful procedures to protect your data.
– We reserve the right to use or disclose information in certain circumstances, such as to satisfy a legal request or protect our property.
– We comply with our obligations under applicable data protection laws.
When do we collect personal information?
We only collect personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses, hobby or activity information, demographic information (age, gender, etc.), taste or preference information, and the like, when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. Visitors may choose to submit personal information to enter competitions, to obtain information or submit a comment or communication. We may also collect details of your visits to the Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
What do we do with the information?
We collect personally identifiable information:
– To enter you in contests or competitions and to notify you of competion results.
– To e-mail you with updates and news, and product and company information where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by post, email, telephone or other means of communication.
– To respond to your questions, comments or other communications.
– To register you for certain features.
– To provide personalized content, information; and/or.
– To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
What are cookies?
Visitors to our Site use different web browsers and different computers. To make your visits as easy as possible with the technology you use, we automatically keep track of the type of browser (e.g., Apple Safari, Google Chrome) and operating system (e.g. Windows, OSx) used by you, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We also track the total number of visitors to our Site in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve our Site. Personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process. This data tells us if more visitors prefer certain features or areas to others, which helps us keep our site fresh and interesting to the majority of our visitors.
What if I don’t want cookies?
If you don’t want cookies, you can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies through your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Check your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to change or update your cookies. For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://allaboutcookies.org/.
What are web beacons and how do we use them?
Some of the pages on our Site and e-mail updates may contain electronic images called web beacons, sometimes known as one pixelGIFs, clear GIFs or pixel tags. On websites, these allow us to count visitors who have viewed our pages. In promotional e-mail messages/newsletters they allow us to count how many subscribers have read them. Web beacons allow us to develop statistical information about the activities and features that most interest our consumers for the purpose of providing more personalized content. They are not used to access personally identifiable information without your consent.
Children should not transfer any personal information to our Site without the consent of their parents or other guardian. We ask all parents and guardians to customize their children to a responsible handling with personal information in the internet. Norr Eyewear does not gather any information from children willfully.
What do we do to safeguard personal information?
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us, one of our group companies, or for one of our service providers or partners. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of our obligations to you and the provision of support services. Any personal information you provide will be held securely on our systems and/or those of the company hosting this Site on our behalf. We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make this Site and its contents available to you and to fulfill your requests and our obligations to you, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our Site and our visitors. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
What about links to other sites?
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group. We will not sell or otherwise transfer your personal information unless we have your express consent unless required to fulfill your requests. We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law, to protect the integrity of the Site, to fulfill your requests or to co-operate in any legal investigation. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
What should i do if i have questions, wish to access, update or delete information, or wish to opt out of receiving future communications?
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data, which we hold about you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of a copy of such data. You also have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected.